Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Peanut Butter Fudge Thumbprint Cookies!

I. Love. Peanut. Butter! It's healthy, but probably not at the level I love it. I don't like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches - I like eating it straight from the jar, like ice cream. I mean, come on. Creamy deliciousness named after a Disney character?! That pretty much equals heaven to me. 


I had to get rid of it somehow, before I ate the whole freaken jar! So I decided to take a classic "thumbprint cookie" recipe and make it a little nutty :).  I basically used a package of refrigerated, pre-made sugar cookie dough (although making sugar cookies is super fun, but I needed something quick and easy), 1/2 cup of peanut butter (R.I.P. jar of heaven), and a bag of Hershey's milk chocolate kisses. I kneaded the sugar cookie dough and peanut butter until they swirled; this was an ooey gooey mess! Good stuff :). Instead of using a cookie sheet where it's so difficult to mold cookies to a desired shape, I used a cupcake pan. After buttering the pan, I ladled a rounded scoop of dough into each tin and baked the batch for about 10-15 minutes (basically until the cookies were light golden brown). While they were still warm, I pushed a Hershey's kiss into the middle of each cookie and then let the chocolate set in as they cooled. 


Needless to say, this was a very pleasant surprise for the shop! 


No comments:

Post a Comment