Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Strawberry Sundae Cupcakes!

Did I mention how much I love birthdays? Whenever there is a holiday or one of my dad's employees' birthdays, I make a batch of special somethings and bring it over. This past September I decided to do something pink-themed because everything is better in pink. I ended up cheating and using pre-packaged strawberry cake mix (although I did incorporate my Stefy-twist by adding pudding for moisture and flavor), but then I thought, "What would go with strawberry cake?" .. Sundaes! 

I bought a box of vanilla waffle cones and baked the strawberry cake mix in them. I still used a cupcake pan to keep everything in order and filled the waffle cones only about 3/4 so that the baked product wouldn't overflow. Once baked (and cooled), I spread pink strawberry frosting (pink!strawberry!overload!) evenly on the cupcakes and added multicolored sprinkles to each one. I topped each cupcake with a maraschino cherry in order to complete the old-fashioned sundae look. In retrospect, I should have added those cute little flexible drinking straws, but I'm going to attribute that slight to over-exhaustion instead of laziness this time ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment